Afterwards, we walked The Freedom Trail. This was fun because I am very interested in the time period during which Paul Revere and the rest of the founding fathers lived. I loved seeing The Old North Church. It was exciting to hear that one of the lanterns, which Paul Revere hung, had not been found. I also learned that The Old North Church, originally named Christ Church, is the oldest church to still be in service in the Boston area. For more information about the stops on the Freedom Trail, click HERE.
Today we also went shopping at Quincy Market. I learned that Quincy Market was named after Josiah Quincy. He put together this shopping area, prohibiting taxes on all of the commodities sold in the market. I am not sure whether taxes are still prohibited in the marketplace today or if the market is still run how it was when it was first built. For more information on Josiah Quincy or Quincy Market it's self, click HERE.Afterwards, we visited Boston University, which I did not like. Nothing at this school interested me and the tour guide did not do the school any justice. Information on Boston University can be found by clicking HERE.
No comments:
Post a Comment