Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Summing Up My Experience In Boston

Today we went home and I am so glad to be back. I missed my parents and skating, though now I am going to miss Boston. My mom told me that during the summer, she and I are going to return to the Boston area, so I am very excited for that! Overall, I believe the trip to have have been a pretty fun one (yet with a lot of behind the scenes drama)!
I liked all the sites we went to, though I could have done without going to Fenway Park. If there were one thing I could change, it would have to be not letting all the drama and things that were happening get to me as much as they did. I learned many things about Boston and about all the Historic sites to which we went. At the Old North Church, I learned that Paul Revere hung two lanterns to signify that the British were coming by sea. I also learned that Paul Revere was actually not the one who hung the lanterns, for he was captured and taken hostage by the British. I learned many other interesting facts like these.



Based on the two colleges that our school visited, I prefer schools in big cities (urban settings). I would assume this is due to the fact I have lived in a big, crowded city all my life. I enjoy aspects of both large and small schools: the focus and attention received at a smaller school, the social aspect from a larger school. Though if I had to chose, I would say the smaller school. This is because I have done so much better at my current, small school than I had at my previous school, which was very large in comparison. After having a chance to tour these schools, my view on college has not changed much. Just about the only change would be to say I am now never going to be open to the idea of going to a religious school.
A way to sum up my Boston trip would be to say that I loved Boston, but not so much the experiences I was having while I was there. I can't wait to return to Boston and, hopefully, I will have an outstanding time!

-Jordan

No comments: